IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] Cancer has struck

Subject: Re: [ihc] Cancer has struck

On Aug 16, 2004, at 2:29 PM, John Fleck wrote:

>The Vet says he could last
>2-6 months left untreated. The only option is Kemo thearpy. The
>cheapest
>level is $1500 and the most is $4500. If it guarenteed him living i
>would
>pay it in a heartbeat. I am lost right now..

John,
That is indeed sad news. I have never met you or Larp,
but from the way you describe him, I can tell he means
a lot to you, and you to him.

As a dog "caretaker" ;~)  , we have two mini Dachsunds,
and having had to euthanize at least one dog years ago due to
inadequate finances to pay for the $$$ medical care,
he dug under our fence and was struck by a car,
I know how it sux to have to contemplate money at a time like this.

Decisions like the one you have to make are seldom
easy. Whatever you decide, just remember that dogs
love their humans with no reservations, and he will still
be your best friend no matter what.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/