IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] Question on tow rig***DIESEL***

Ted, John,

I like the looooooong wheelbase.  Restaurant parking
lots are the only real problem with the longer trucks.
  I've also noted that the long wheelbase gives a
noticeably better ride for a given weight capacity.
John, test a dually before you commit, they're nasty
in parking lots of any sort including major shopping
centers.  I've talked to a number of folks who have
them and are not real happy.

On my Ford I've noticed that it has a pretty big
anti-sway bar (anti roll bar to some) at the back.
This helps prevent the trailer from wagging the dog.
It's more important than dual wheels.

Have fun,

Steve