IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: Reply: [ihc] Max sustained winds to drive in?

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Greg Hermann wrote:

<snip>
>I drove a Traveller with no lift and 31's and a 17 foot trailer behind with
>a lot of boxy 'stuff' on it through about 50--60 mph quartering headwinds,
>westbound on I-80 from Creston Junction to Green River (WY) a few years
>ago. Not really any trouble,
=snipqe=

Sounds like fun Greg. I sure wouldnt want to do it with
a trailer. :~)

>These folks from Dixie REALLY ought to spend some time in weird, winderful
>Wyoming if they wanna learn what wind is all about----

Say, it wasnt raining sideways about 3 to 4 inches an
hour at the time was it?
Water 6 or 12 inches deep in low spots on the road?
Mud across the road at every farmers driveway.

If you want to know what RAIN is all about, come on
down to Dixie. :~)

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/