IHC/IHC Digest Archive

RE: [ihc] old gasoline and old trucks...

John,

Maybe your gas is wierd in CA.  Seriously, I've never
drained old gas out of a mower or tractor in 40 years.
 Current gasoline never makes the red gum/varnish that
old fuel used to leave everywhere.

Some of our fuel has methanol in it but I've never
noticed anything different about that fuel.  I don't
watch mileage very closely, I'm going to do the same
driving regardless.

For small engines I only use premium fuel.  It has
more short chain hydrocarbons and seems to vaporize
better for starting.  Small engines use so little fuel
that the additional cost of premium is not
significant.

Steve