IHC/IHC Digest Archive

[ihc] Cancer has struck

Hey Gang,

I wanted to let you all know that my dog Larp has cancer. Many of you have
been seeing him at the Scout shows for 6 years now and he has what is
called Lymphoma. More precisley cancer of the lymphnodes. It has spread
through his body and he is slowing down. Thoes of you who dont know, he is
a 100 pound Brindle BulMastiff with the greatest personality that is so
human its scary. I have had him since 1998 or about 6 years. He has done
everything with me, traveled to colorado, gone on many trail rides
including red cone 12,800 feet in the colorado rockies, babysay kids at
NWBRU, gone on fishing trips, and basically been my son for all these years
I did not have a girlfriend while building BCB. He has befriended many and
kids at the NWBRU and RMIHR remember him since they were little. Every year
he has the same visitors to see him and pet him at the shows. He is the
best. I am not sure what to do at this point. The Vet says he could last
2-6 months left untreated. The only option is Kemo thearpy. The cheapest
level is $1500 and the most is $4500. If it guarenteed him living i would
pay it in a heartbeat. I am lost right now..

This comes on top of an accident on my Rokon 2wd motorcycle. I fliped it
over a log last night coming back from fishing way up in the hills. I
endowed it and myself. I have a pinched nerve in my lower back(like last
year) and it has slowed my movement down to next to nothing for a few days.
Chiropracter is working with me to have me up and running for my 30th
Birthday August 20th.

Any of you guys who have had similar situations with your dog, please drop
me a line and let me know what you decided to do or how you handled it.
Between this and several others things in my life right now i am a nervous
wreck and its all piling on.

Thanks in advance to my friends and extended family.

John Fleck
"Overbuilding may be dumb, sometimes; but never as dumb as
underbuilding."
Remember: The bitterness of poor quality remains long after
the sweetness of low price is forgotten!!
          WSU
	GO COUGS            BACK COUNTRY BINDERS
	  WSU      	    3357 Northlake Way NW Unit A
                            Bremerton, WA. 98312
                               John L. Fleck
			        "Fleckster"
                        PHONE#   (360)-377-4979