IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] diesel trucks

At 12:01 PM 8/16/04, Dan Nees wrote:
>Here in NJ there is a law, from the Department of Environmental
>Protection, that states that any vehicle left idling in a parking lot
>for more than THREE minutes can be fined $3000.00! This includes, and
>especially, diesel trucks, because the EPA has determined that diesel
>fumes are a carcinogen. Go figure. There is a current two week sweep of
>the state where the DEP is actively enforcing this law. According to the
>paper Sunday there have been 54 tickets given out so far.

Gee--more uniformed revenue collectors !!!

It would seem they have found an even easier, richer source of funds than
radar--and all they need is a uniform, a badge, and a cheapo stop watch,
none of those expensive radar guns required !!

How 'bout we just pass a law making being a thoughtless a$$hole a capital
offence ?? (Cops go first, though !!)

Greg