IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] Grammer's fan mounts

Joel,

To do it right you'd probably want to loosly rubber
mount to the existing brackets so the radiator is
carried on its original brakets.

Make sure that the existing brackets as sitting upon
the lower braket as opposed to held in shear.  The
lower rubber mount should also make sure the radiator
has limited horizontal motion in all directions +-
1/16 inch maybe.  Then the upper mount just makes sure
the radiator stays upright.  That's the way radiators
are mounted today, probably one of the reasons we have
so little trouble with the fragile aluminum radiators
that are in cars today.

Steve