IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] RE: Relaying George's power

On Jul 30, 2004, at 11:19 AM, George B Humphrey wrote:

John,
How long have you had a set up like this? Allan has some objections to
this set up and I am wondering if you have had any problems. I don't
understand his objections to it but that is my fault (lack of knowledge)
not his.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8
12 or 13 years and 80,000 miles. After I got all my grounds really grounded, and my tach signal picked up at the right spot, I've had absolutely no trouble. The MSD is really a very good unit. Most of the objections to it come from guys who think it is sacrilegious to mess with what IH put into the vehicle.

One of the very nice things about it is how easy it is to bypass it, just in case you think it is causing you a problem. The best thing about it, for my Terra is the adjustable timing control. We shop at 200 ft. elevation, live at 2200 ft. elevation, and cross 9000 ft. mountain passes fairly regularly, plus my Terra was born with a ping, so changing the timing as needed works very well indeed.

My Pro-jection hasn't been that steadfast and uncomplicated, but I still wouldn't put the TQ carb back on, under any circumstances that I can imagine.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs