IHC/IHC Digest Archive

RE: [ihc] Diskologizing

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Jim Grammer wrote:

> Hmmm...haven't done enough research on hub/rotor swaps for 8 lug stuff to
> know for sure, but I'm not encouraged. Problem with bearing swapping is that
> there's a pretty limited range of OD's corresponding to the ID's required
> for the stock IH spindles. I pretty much concluded that bearing adapters
> were gonna be a requirement.

These are interesting thoughts.  By bearing adaptors (note, I haven't been
inside one of these drums yet..I'm making some assumptions about how these
assemble:), essentially a machined part to press into where the outer race
of the bearings would normally go, with a flange and groove on the
adaptors ID for the smaller bearing outer race to press into, right?

Obviously custom, but should be pretty straight forward to do.  Any safety
concerns with doing this, assuming a good alloy and close tolerances?

..wish I had some machine shop connections 'round here.  Everyone I know
is back in Augusta GA.

Hmm.

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html