IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] 12" clutches and I'm sick of it already!

I didn't see an adjustment like that.  It appears that the fulcrum is a
stud that is bolted (nutted really) to the pressure plate basket.  If I
remove the nut retaining the fulcrum, then the whole finger pivot assembly
is loose inside the basket, no?

Does the 11" have the same adjustment?  It took myself and two other
competent friends about 40 revolutions of the engine with a breaker bar to
adjust the heights of the fingers with a dial indicator and a 7/16 wrench
for the little screws on the ends of the fingers.  They are supposed to be
+/-0.015 for the three.  Mine are +/- 0.007 for the three.  It was a huge
pain, but the adjustment you suggest can be achieved through the access
cover alone?  I have enough room to move the throwout collar back (about 2
whole inches) from the position where the 'old' clutch fingers were.  There
is a significant distance between the current position of the throwout and
the fully retracted position.  I'll try and snap a digital picture from
under the truck through the inspection area if the rain lets up, and the
lake under the truck subsides.

Thanks!

Joel