IHC/IHC Digest Archive

[ihc] RE: Bikini Tops

You're right.  They do not list a bikini top in their product list for Scout
II's but they offer one.  I pulled up their price list to see how much a
full top costs and right there below the full tops was part number 442-051
Scout II Roll Bar Top.

I called and the top is $74.48 with hardware plus shipping.  Mine came to
$87.00.  The salesman told me it is the same as the old Kayline product.

I did notice one difference, the way they operate.  Kayline used to stock
black and white and had those colors in stock ready to ship.  STC makes
everything to order.  I had to wait a couple of months for fabrication for a
special order (not black or white) color from Kayline.  STC quoted the same
delivery time (two weeks) for any color and did not charge any extra like
Kayline did.  We'll see how long it takes to get.

I ordered it in "Spice" (brown) to better match my tan, brown, primer red,
orange, and black Scout.  It only clashed with the AMC turquoise engine.  It
really needed to be anything but black because the black top I used to have
got very hot to the touch in summer and the light tan one I had did not.

Thanks for the help.

Pete