IHC/IHC Digest Archive

Re: [ihc] location, location, location

on 2/22/04 6:08 AM, Richard Welty at rwelty@domain.elided wrote:

> the Alfa Romeo Owners Club publishes a list like that annually, along
> with a list of codes indicating what kind of help a member is willing
> to provide in a pinch.
>
> richard

The Dodge Turbo Diesel Register publishes a list of its willihg-to-be-listed
members in a format that describes what kind of help is available from each
of the listers. These categories range from a place to park to having a full
shop and a high degree of mechanical skills.

Good idea although I don't even carry the booklet with me.

There have been several attempts to do the same sort of thing with the
IH'ers on the digest, but it never seems to get very far. Informally, the
digest serves this purpose to some degree. For example, I know where there
is help available in most of the West and even the Midwest.

Saying this kind of thing can get me in trouble, but perhaps considering how
many people live in California, we have the least number of helpful folks
per capita. It is only right for me to say that the few we do have to call
on, are great. Our Jim G. is one prime example.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs