IHC/IHC Digest Archive

[ihc] Rack and Pinion Ignition Switch

Howdy All,

My ignition switch on the tilt wheel column (Scout ll) quit working the other
day out on the road. I hot wired the truck and got it home but have discovered
that the problem is between the rack that the key tumbler drives and the rod
that activates the electrical switch. By moving the rod, I can start and run
the truck normally. I removed the outer plastic cover to access this rod but
cannot remove the inside cover.

Any ideas how to non-destructively remove the inner cover?

TIA

m alexander