IHC/IHC Digest Archive

[ihc] Re: IHC Garands

>So why do gun collectors like to say that the IH Garand is worth more?
>Seriously, I've always been told, by people who don't really care for IH,
>that the IH guns are worth more money, they seem to sell for more too.
This
>is the first time I've heard that they are worth less money...

Ryan,
  Just like IHC truck owners, it is hard for Garand owners to have
just one Garand.  Many collectors want at least one from each
manufacturer.  Since they built so few, that causes the price
to rise to what the market will bear.  I don't think John's book
is accounting for the highly variable collector market.

  As much as I would like to own an IHC Garand, I settled for
a Springfield because it was in far better condition, was
manufactured better (from what I've read), and was quite a
bit cheaper than any IHC I found.

Allan W.