IHC/IHC Digest Archive

RE: [ihc] 5 of 10(but 7 of 9 is better looking)

## >> Hmmmmm, there's an awful lot of GM-built PacBell(oops, I mean
## >> SBC) trucks
## >> in service around here running 5 lug front axles, 10 lug rear, and 6
## >> matching wheels....

SBC of El Paso has those trucks too, five front and ten rear.  compleatly
forgot about 'em till you mentioned it.  some of the Roadrunner service
trucks from Time Warner are those same GM trucks, but not very many, mostly
they use vans.  a number of the military contractors (King Air and some of
the independent plumbers) use them as well.  more of the contractors use the
new Dodges, though, and i don't remember how those are set up.  what's funny
to me is that almost nobody from the industrial and contracting circles here
uses ford anything.  those new F150 crewcab shortbeds are very popular with
military households, however.

## >> Speaking of 5 luggers, anyone want a '75 2wd 500 with a dump
## >> bed? Cab's
## >> rusty, truck's cheap, I just can't seem to bring myself to
## >> buy it. Central CA.

i know i can't afford it...  but i gotta ask.  lotta questions, here we go.
where is it, how much, and how bad is the cab?  are there pictures or an
online ad, maybe?  what's the running gear, if you know?  does it run, can
it be driven?  i keep telling myself i'm not bringing home any more strays
till i get the ones i already have sorted out and fixed.  but sometimes i
just can't help it.

is there a specific reason, something about this particular truck, that
makes you not want to buy it, or do you just have too many already and no
real use for this one?  the dump bed on that would be useless to me, but
maybe i could sell or give it to somebody that *can* use it, and do
something useful with the rest of it.

enough questions.  thanks for the information, Jim.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi