IHC/IHC Digest Archive

RE: [ihc] Tire & Wheel Questions

## >> ---I agree, FWIR, Ford 15" Light Truck and Dodge 14"
## >> Passenger vehicle and
## >> 15" Truck carried the same 5 on 5-1/2 lug pattern as the Scout. My `75
## >> Coronet Brougham had 14" rims and I swapped them out for a
## >> set of Ford 15"
## >> Rims and mounted the Aramid Radials (could not keep any 14"
## >> tire planted
## >> firmly on the ground). What is looked for is a 5 lug pattern with a
## >> measurement taken from the center of one lug, SKIP A LUG, and
## >> to the center
## >> of the next lug. I am constantly running out to the old rim
## >> and taking a
## >> measurement, but this time... I don't recall where the tape
## >> measure is...
## >> :O IIRC the center hole is 4.5", or is it 4"... 5.250"? I may
## >> just run out
## >> to that rim tomorrow.

right.  well.  i just went out and measured the rim on the spare carrier to
the rear of the Scout.  my best measurement (very old beat up tape measure,
i can't find my new *good* one) puts it at close to four and an eighth
inches for the centre hole.  just a hair under that, actually.  i checked
the wheels mounted on the rear axle too, for verification, same measurement.
a shade under four and an eighth inches.

now, granted, these are not original Scout rims.  i don't know what they
came off of, but they fit the Scout axles (most importantly, all five wheels
will fit over the large Warn locking hubs on the front axle), and they fit
the 1010 TravelAll too.  i'd say they have the same measurements as stock
Scout wheels.

oh, i almost forgot.  the wheels on the 800 and the 800A were compleatly
interchangeable; the 800 had the same 15" white spoked wagon wheels as the
1010 has.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde